When the Storm is over, it's comforting to know you have secured your property with comprehensive coverage that will help you replace or rebuild any losses and get back on your feet.
In coastal areas where Tropical Storms are an expected home hazard, making sure that your homeowners insurance policy includes coverage for Named Storms, Wind driven Rain and Hail. This Hurricane coverage is for windstorms and or Named Tropical storms or depressions. The Hurricane language may vary by company. Review your homeowners wind storm insurance with your Agent if necessary to clarify your coverage for wind, wind related damages, windstorms, Named Storms. Some Home policy forms may not offer coverage for certain classes of damage.
Recent Years have brought some of the most destructive Windstorms the Texas Coastal areas have ever seen. Meteorologists only predict more hurricanes to come in the years ahead. Homes in Tier 1 and Tier 2 coastal communities face a challenge in finding windstorm insurance with a company that will accept the high risks associated with beach front and other coastal properties. The insuring market in hurricane country can sometimes be slim after a few bad seasons.
A good Homeowners Windstorm Insurance Policy is important when living in some areas. Home Owners living in The Gulf Coast Region have seen a lot of Windstorms over the last decade. The aftermath of serious Tropical Storms for anyone who lives in a prone area is a real worry and residents know it can happen again. Of course no one can guarantee that it wont, but at least you can protect your house and its contents with a good Home Insurance Policy. The right home insurance policy can provide you peace of mind that if the unfortunate should occur your house and contents will be repaired and/or replaced.
There are also government sponsored insuring resources available to property owners. Comparing the different home insurance company offerings and obtaining competitive quotes could save you some money.
Most basic home policies cover your house for fire, windstorm, Hurricane, hail and lightning and includes the home fixtures and fittings, carpet, curtains etc. It should also include all your personal belongings in the house (also called contents), which you may be required to estimate the value of. This estimate will affect the price you pay for your policy, but remember that this estimate needs to cover everything inside your home. Some policies will issue with a default percentage of 30 to 60 percent of your home value. It is a good idea to over estimate this value slightly to avoid coming up short.
Small for let properties can be covered in our Hassle Free DP1 insurance program.
Coverage can generally be effected same day or following day in most cases.
For your convenience, we have many programs that utilize electronic point of sale issue. Some market may require a completed application.
If the property electrical wiring, plumbing and roofing system have all been updated in the last 20 years then you can qualify for a discount on your Hurricane insurance rate by using the most recent remodeling date as the age of the structure. Up to a 10% credit.
We are now offering accidental water damage coverage with some DP1 insurance policies on standard Fire, EC, VMM policies. All DP2 and 3 Polices offer water protection. This applies to tenant and or owner occupied Homes.
Investment properties can present risks not normally associated with an Owners occupied dwelling. A home Insurance Policy or Cover note can be cost effective as well as provide the necessary financial protection required to secure your investment.
Premium Financing is now available on all hurricane home insurance programs.
Basic Protection needed
- Main Structure (s), Landlord Building Replacement / ACV option.
- Other Out Buildings and structures on the property.
- Contents Coverage (Equipment Appliances, Furnishings, etc).
- Landlords Liability Insurance
- Property Replacement Guarantees.
- Extended Fire, Wind and Hail coverage.
- Accidental Water Discharge from plumbing.
- Loss of Rents Revenue due to a covered losses.
Homeowners Policies in Harris County and Tier 1 and Tier 2 counties. Windstorm Coverage can Be obtained on a same day basis unless a storm watch has already been declared. Owners Options are our HO1, HO2 and HO3 home owners programs with Windstorm and Hail Coverage options. Rental Investment Property Coverage is available on our DP1 DP2 and DP3 programs. Substantial discounts may be available for home owners willing to select a larger deductible.
1. Updates to your homes heating, electrical and plumbing systems to modern standards and you may qualify for a discount of as much as 15% on your Insurance Rate in Texas. Even though you may like old-fashioned fire places, they may not be as fire-safe as the more modern heating systems available today. Building technology has advanced quite a bit in recent years. There are many ways to make your buildings much safer. In addition to being a lower insurance risk, you can add value to your home structure in terms of its net worth in today's marketplace.
2. Many Texas home owners do not know half the discounts that may be available from your insurer. If you don't know about the factors that effect your final rate, you can not take advantage of them. Be sure to inform your insurance agent about any repairs, major updates you've made to structures or Conveyances. Certain newer appliances can also qualify your for discounts. Insurers do often advertise the most common discounts but generally do not advertise every available discount but that doesn't mean they are not there, it does no harm to ask your agent about ways you can save.
3. The material used use in construction of your property can go a very long way in affecting insurance rates for apartments owners in Texas. Frame Structures provide more resistance to earthquakes. Brick buildings can offer better resistance to high winds and flying debris as well as the occasional auto collision. Those who need Apartment Building coverage in the Western US can often pay lower rates if the buildings are frame because of the earthquakes there. Building your structure with the appropriate material for your state can easily save you 5% to 35% on your rate.
4. Your hurricane home insurance coverage can be both affordable and easy to find when you are working with an agent familiar with the risks investors face. You could save hundreds or even thousands of dollars on insurance in Texas by comparing coverage quotes. Basic form 1 coverage policies are usually cheaper but may offer less coverage. Special broad form policies offer more coverage but may not always be best value for the money. The rule of thumb is to evaluate competing coverage options and make the choice that makes the most sense for your investment exposure. Let us shop the best insurance rate for your apartment buildings in Texas.